12 rue des Gobelins

Fly away a song

Name:
Location: Newark, New Jersey, United States

Poet, Lecturer in Cornell's English Department.

21 September 2006

The Internet has been scarce for some time, so I must catch up. For Cannes, where Linda and I are now, there will be later.

So for the our stay in London. It can be marked by several facts: it is too expensive to be there for long, but you cannot take in all of it at once. I was able to see what I needed to see: Unreal City, the epi-center and origin of the anguish of the Modern world. Because we toured on Saturday morning, there were not the throng of souls spilling over London bridge, but I got the picture nevertheless.

Linda and I and two others who were among our group attended a concert at St. Martin-of-the-fields Church. It was Vivaldi's Four Seasons. As you could expect, the music rang through the three hundred year old church with a ferocity more clear than I am used to.

Then we found France.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Vivaldi's Four Seasons is one of my favorite pieces of music of all time. You won't even believe how insanely jealous I am right now.
~Madeline

01 October, 2006 20:00  

Post a Comment

<< Home